Tuesday 30 September 2014

PPTA Annual Conference

On the plane. Not late. With Emma, Kathy and Nathan. Was pretty weird seeing Nathan here this morning because he's from Chch but he was up for an engagement party in the Big O.

Am looking forward to conference. Even more so seeing my friends who I haven't seen since March - the majority of them anyway.

Had the fortunate luck to sit next to a fellow Rotarian from Putaruru and talked about conference, but more importantly our next big event for Rotaract - Quiz Night on the 30th October. Looking forward to making more connections as the year progresses for next year when I'm president too.

Policies that I'm most looking forward to debating:

- Behaviour Management and PB4L
- Resource Management
- EDUCANZ and Industrial Action
- IES
- Development for Schools around deciles and zoning

This is my first annual conference - I'm told that it can be quite crazy in terms of passing notes for people to speak as delegates or if you've given up your chance to speak..  like I think I did.

Anyway - this post may be longer - it may stay the same.

But I'll be tweeting to #pptaconf so keep up in the stream :) Though I'm sure that it won't be as full on as #ULearn14 will be. Super stoked! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment